Couple the ever-growing need for device bandwidth with the need for secure data sharing and it’s clear that Fiber-to-the-Desk (FTTD) is the solution to deliver both bandwidth and security all the way to the desk. We offer solutions to integrate your existing network infrastructure or interface to your network devices to capitalize on the benefits of fiber networking.
WE offers a dense, rack mount solution at the data center to convert your existing copper to fiber. For your computer, laptop or tablet computer, we offer a complete line of stand-alone media converters or embedded PC converters based upon NIC and M.2 standards, or our innovative Scorpion-USB™ fiber adapters.
GPON stands for Gigabit Passive Optical Networks. GPON is a point-to-multi point access mechanism. Its main characteristic is the use of passive splitters in the fibre distribution network, enabling one single feeding fibre from the provider’s central office to serve multiple homes and small businesses.
GPON uses the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) for security purpose.
GPON also supports all types of Ethernet protocols.
Why Choose GPON?
GPON gives the end user the ability to consolidate multiple services onto a single fibre transport network. This technology reduces costs and infrastructure while increasing bandwidth. It provides 2.5 GB/s of downstream bandwidth and 1.25 GB/s upstream divided by the split ratio to each customer delivering a customisable, high capacity fibre network for forms of IP based services.
These networks are the perfect solution for environments with multiple separated nodes / points or buildings. GPON provides for a large range of benefits that enable rapid, flexible, mass‐market fibre deployments at the lowest possible cost of ownership and rollout.
Combining full IP‐based connectivity and the latest fibre to the end point innovations, gigabit passive optical networks (GPON) are increasingly appearing as the key mature network technology.
- GPON supports triple – play services, providing competitive all-services solutions.
- GPON supports high-bandwidth transmission to break down the bandwidth bottleneck of the access over twisted pair cables.
- GPON supports the long-reach (up to 20 km) service coverage to overcome the obstacle of the access technology over twisted pair cables and reduce the network nodes.
- With complete standards and high technical requirements, GPON supports integrated services in a good way.
- GPON is the choice of large carrier in the international market
- GPON is a fully optical architecture option that offers the best of all worlds
- A GPON system consists of an optical line terminal (OLT) that connects several optical network terminals (ONTs) together using a passive optical distribution network (ODN).