Cisco WS-C2960-24TC-L Overview:
Cisco WS-C2960-24TC-L 2960-X and 2960-XR Series Switches are fixed-configuration, stackable Gigabit Ethernet switches that provide enterprise-class access for campus and branch applications (Figure 1). They operate on Cisco IOS® Software and support simple device management as well as network management. The Cisco Catalyst 2960-X and 2960-XR Series provide easy device onboarding, configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting. These fully managed switches can provide advanced Layer 2 and Layer 3 features as well as optional Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) power. Designed for operational simplicity to lower the total cost of ownership, they enable scalable, secure, and energy-efficient business operations with intelligent services. The switches deliver enhanced application visibility, network reliability, and network resiliency.
Cisco Catalyst 2960-X and 2960-XR Series Switches feature:
- 24 or 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports with line-rate forwarding performance
- 4 fixed 1 Gigabit Ethernet Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) uplinks or 2 fixed 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ uplinks
- PoE+ support with a power budget of up to 740W and Perpetual PoE
- Cisco IOS LAN Base or LAN Lite1 and Cisco IOS IP Lite
- Device management with web UI, over-the-air access via Bluetooth, Command-Line Interface (CLI), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), and RJ-45 or USB console access
- Network management with Cisco Prime®, Cisco Network Plug and Play, and Cisco DNA Center
- Stacking with FlexStack-Plus and FlexStack-Extended
- Layer 3 features with routed access (Open Shortest Path First [OSPF]), static routing, and Routing Information Protocol (RIP)
- Visibility with Domain Name System as an Authoritative Source (DNS-AS) and Full (Flexible) NetFlow
- Security with 802.1X, Serial Port Analyzer (SPAN) and Bridge Protocol Data Unit (BPDU) Guard
- Reliability with higher Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) and Enhanced Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Resiliency with optional dual field-replaceable power supplies2
An external redundant power supply option is supported on the Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches. These switches come with one fixed power supply and an option for an external redundant power supply (Cisco Redundant Power System [RPS] 2300).
Dual redundant power supplies are supported on the Cisco Catalyst 2960-XR Series Switches. These switches ship with one power supply by default. The second power supply can be purchased at the time of ordering the switch or as a spare. These power supplies have built-in fans to provide cooling.